Salary: HAYS COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION Job Code: 0626 Grade: 109 Date Prepared: August 2021 FLSA: Non-Exempt Safety Sensitive Phone Allocation
• The Evidence Specialist is required to satisfactorily perform the above duties and will be evaluated for technical soundness, accuracy, completeness, and organization
• The Evidence Specialist is responsible for carrying out assignments as instructed
• The supervisor assigns work and decides the actions to be taken. The Evidence Specialist contacts the supervisor concerning deviations, problems, and unfamiliar situations
The Evidence Specialist uses judgment in interpreting and adapting precedents for specific cases or problems and analyses of the results. This position must have a strong work ethic, superior organizational skills, must follow directions, meet deadlines, have good attendance, be punctual, be reliable, be motivated, have initiative, have honesty, have integrity, be free from moral turpitude, and have a proper attitude. Employee must be available to communicate with others at all times.
This position must be to able handle occasional stressful situations when interacting with some argumentative or emotional contacts within the general public. The Evidence Specialist will be meeting with persons, not only in a structured setting at the Sheriff's Office, but also in various other public and private settings in the community. The contacts are generally cooperative; however, in some situations this position may be called upon to persuade, influence, motivate, or control situations where individuals may be fearful, skeptical, or uncooperative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Use of his/her hands and fingers to handle or feel
• Reach with hands and arms
• Regularly stand, walk, sit, climb, kneel or stoop
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 plus pounds
• Maneuver up and down a ladder and work in high spaces daily
• Ability to learn and operate heavy machinery such as a cherry picker
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Vision acuity must be correctable to 20/20 in both eyes
• Work in tight, confined, adverse, and unsanitary conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or outdoor setting. The employee frequently travels to various locations. The work involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of offices, meeting rooms, or vehicles. The employee may be exposed to health or physical hazards, such as infectious diseases and environmental hazards. They must have the ability to maneuver/function in a variety of work environments such as confined spaces, extreme temperatures, and inclement weather and/or elements. The office work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The employee is required to wear protective gear.