Salary: $12.01 - $20.90 Hourly; $24,980 - $43,465 Annually
The Ideal Candidate will have a college degree in Forensic Science or related scientific major, and previous work experience of at least two (2) years experience in professional administrative work and computer operations; Professional knowledge of the criminal justice system; Experience working in a forensic laboratory setting; and knowledge/experience with chain of custody protocols.
For positions in the Forensic Laboratory: High School Diploma or Equivalency and two (2) years of experience in general clerical work and computer operations, and knowledge of the criminal justice system, and two (2) years of experience working in a forensic laboratory setting.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 4 years of experience
2. Associate's degree AND 2 years of experience
3. Bachelor's degree or higher AND 0 years of experience
• Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
• If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
This position is designated as safety sensitive. Employment will be subject to post-employment drug testing and random employment drug testing and is conditional pending results. Also, this position is subject to a national fingerprint-based record check within 30 days of assignment. Continued employment is contingent upon remaining felony-free, per Section 188.8.131.52 of the Criminal Justice Information Systems Security Policy.
In addition, the selected candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, and a current Defensive Driving Certificate from the State of New Mexico; or pass and receive the Defensive Driving Course Certification, within six (6) months of date of hire.
Statewide travel in a car and/or a small aircraft will be required, when necessary.
Click on the link below and search for Job ID #112463.